Racing Louisville FC vs Washington Spirit
Friday, August 5 at 8:00 p.m. EST
Lynn Family Stadium (Louisville, KY)
Paramount+ (viewers in the United States), Twitch (international)
Get ready for this week’s match against Louisville with some fast facts below:
- Friday night’s matchup will mark the Spirit’s first trip back to Lynn Family Stadium since winning the 2021 NWSL Championship over Chicago at the venue last November.
- The last time the Spirit took on Louisville, it took a 2-0 lead in the first half before conceding two goals to Nadia Nadim in the final 25 minutes to settle for a 2-2 draw at Segra Field on June 17.
- This will be just the sixth time the Spirit has played Racing Louisville FC in the club’s history. In Louisville’s inaugural season in 2021, the two sides played four times with Washington winning three and losing one. Washington went 2-0-0 against Racing at Audi Field in a Challenge Cup and a regular season matchup and 1-1-0 at Lynn Family Stadium in Louisville.
- Coming off a brace last week in North Carolina, forward Trinity Rodman has now tied Ashley Hatch at four goals for most regular season scores on the team this year.
- Midfielder Ashley Sanchez tallied her team-leading third assist of the regular season on one of Rodman’s two scores in Cary. Sanchez is followed closely behind by midfielder Anna Heilferty, who has two assists on the season.
- Forward Tara McKeown netted her first goal of the season last week when she headed home a deep feed from Kelley O’Hara in first-half stoppage time.
- In 11 regular season matches this year, goalkeeper Aubrey Kingsbury has notched 34 saves, good enough for eighth-best in the league despite having played in fewer games than the seven who rank above her. Kingsbury’s three missed matches were as a result of her being called up to the USWNT for the Concacaf Women’s Championship in Mexico.
- After managing only one goal in its previous three matches, Washington found the back of the net three times against the Courage last Friday night.
- Goalkeeper Aubrey Kingsbury and midfielder/forward Bayley Feist will be playing in front of a hometown crowd of sorts as the two are both from nearby Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Returning Red Bird
- Defender/midfielder Gaby Vincent will be on familiar ground this weekend as she returns to the city she went to college in. Vincent attended the University of Louisville from 2015 to 2019, playing four seasons for the Cardinals women’s soccer team.
The match will be broadcast on Paramount+ for fans in the United States and on Twitch for international viewers. Following the match, the Spirit will host a press conference with head coach Kris Ward and two players. Fans can stream the postgame presser via the Washington Spirit Twitch channel.