Player/coach appearance requests
Player and coach appearances are essential to the Washington Spirit connecting with the community. Striving to be champions both on and off the field, such engagement grants us the opportunity to infuse the positive influence of the Spirit back into the community to empower those organizations in need.
The Washington Spirit receives numerous requests each year for our players and coaches to support many charitable groups and various outreach efforts. We make valiant efforts to reach as many fans and organizations as possible while maintaining an extremely tight schedule throughout the season. Due to the demands of training, games, and travel, the availability of our players and coaches are limited and we cannot grant all requests. Appearance requests in the offseason are also contingent, and may potentially be more limited, upon the availability of the player or coach in the Washington area, as they are not required to remain “in-market” during that time.
The following guidelines and procedures must be met in order to be considered for a player appearance:
- Requests must be made at least four (4) weeks prior to the event.
- All requests must be submitted online through our Player Appearance Request Form. Requests submitted via email, phone, mail, or fax will not be considered.
- Requests made on match days will not be considered, as they are reserved for players, coaches, and staff to fully commit to responsibilities as it pertains to mounting a successful night for our organization and the team.
- Player/coach appearance requests must specify a clearly defined role for the attendee(s).
- Specific players may be requested, but cannot be guaranteed. All appearance dates, locations, times, and players are subject to Spirit approval based on schedules, travel, and injury status.
- Any changes to the original request less than seven (7) days before the event may alter our ability to provide a player for the event and/or change the original player confirmed.
Promoting player/coach appearances:
Use of the Washington Spirit name, logo, trademark and/or any advertising that implies the support of an event or organization by the Washington Spirit must be approved by the Spirit organization. Before promoting a Spirit player/coach appearance, please contact the Community Relations Department for approval. This policy pertains to all forms of advertising, including all print, social media, television, radio promotion and other media promotion.
Please note that the Washington Spirit reserves the right to cancel an appearance at any time due to player/coach/family conflicts, emergencies, illness, traveling conflict, etc. If for any reason we need to cancel an appearance, we will notify your organization as soon as we are made aware of a conflict.
Failure to comply with all procedures and guidelines will result in denial. All correspondence will be made via email; please do not call or email directly regarding status updates.