Season will begin Saturday, March 25 and feature the league’s first in-season Challenge Cup.
Washington, D.C. (11/17/2022) – The National Women’s Soccer League announced the footprint of the 2023 schedule today. Read below for highlights of the new league season.
- Preseason camp can open as early as Monday, January 23 and as late as Monday, February 6
- Regular season will kick off on Saturday, March 25
- Each team will once again play a 22-match regular season schedule, hosting and visiting each of the league’s 11 other clubs once
- 2023 UKG Challenge Cup will begin in April and run concurrently with the regular season with most matches taking place during the 2023 Women’s World Cup in July/August
- Midweek matches have been eliminated from the regular season schedule; the only midweek matches will be Challenge Cup matches
- Challenge Cup semifinals and final will take place on Wednesday, September 6 and Saturday, September 9, respectively; tournament will be the first-ever women’s tournament to provide pay equity as champions’ prize will be on par with that of the U.S. men’s game
- 2023 Playoffs will begin on Sunday, October 22; Championship match will take place on Saturday, November 11
The full details regarding next season’s footprint can be found here.
Fans can secure their tickets to all the Spirit’s 2023 home matches by placing their deposit for a Full 90 Club membership today. Available here, the season ticket membership grants fans access to priority seating, an exclusive gift from the Spirit, access to special events throughout the season and more.
About The Washington Spirit
The Washington Spirit is the professional women’s soccer team based at Segra Field in Leesburg, Va and Audi Field in Washington, D.C. Launched in 2012, the Spirit play in the National Women’s Soccer League, the premier women’s soccer competition in North America. For more information about the Spirit, visit www.WashingtonSpirit.com, follow the club on Twitter @WashSpirit and on Facebook at facebook.com/washingtonspirit.