We have begun early registration for the 2019 Washington Spirit Super Y league season. Select players can qualify to SKIP the tryouts! Find out if you qualify HERE
Spots filled up very quickly last year with several age groups having to turn away players. There is an early bird discount for 2019. Find out if you can secure your spot early HERE
WASHINGTON SPIRIT SUPER Y LEAGUE
The 2019 Washington Spirit Super Y League will run from June 10 – August 4. Teams are available for female soccer players born between 2003-2009. Players born in 2010 will be considered on a case by case basis.
Our teams are consistently competitive and a team has qualified for nationals nearly every year of Spirit Super Y. In 2015 our U16 team won the National Championship! This year, our U13 is representing the Spirit Super Y program in Nationals!
2019 will be the 7th summer of Washington Spirit Super Y programming, which has expanded to cover talented players throughout the Washington DC Metropolitan region.
Founded in 1999, the Super Y League is the largest summertime coast-to-coast elite travel soccer league operated in the US and ends with large National Championship event in Florida for the top teams (12U and older) each December.
TRAIN AND PLAY IN A PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT
Super Y with the Spirit is ideal for players seeking to learn and compete in a professional academy environment for the Summer months without any pressure to leave their club travel teams. Recruiting or up-selling players to other programs or camps is also strictly prohibited, as our goal is to work hand-in-hand with all area clubs to do all we can to help prepare female athletes for whatever future they choose. Our coaching staff and leadership welcomes communication with club coaches about areas they believe certain players need to improve and will provide evaluations and feedback at the end of the season.
PROVING GROUND FOR THE NEXT LEVEL
For those players wishing to test their potential to play at the highest levels, the Super Y programs offer a unique “proving ground” over an extended period of time to find out if they’re ready. While upholding our commitment not to recruit players, if players come into the Super Y program for the expressed purpose of “trying out” for our Development Academy, that is their option. And if we see a player who hasn’t asked about the Development Academy, but we believe would thrive, we’ll talk to their club coach directly before ever bringing it up with the player or their family.
2019 SUPER Y LEAGUE FEATURES AND BENEFITS
As the only youth program for hundreds of miles directly operated by an NWSL professional women’s club, the Washington Spirit offers our Super Y players several opportunities to meet and interact with our professional team players each season. From private meet and greets, players visiting practice, to special access at our games and more; every Super Y player will have a chance to meet and learn from a pro!
As part of the Washington Spirit club, our Super Y teams will be wearing the same jersey that our pros do!
- Train and Compete in a top regional league with the chance to compete for a national championship in Florida in December (for 12U and older)
- Twice-a-week training sessions by Washington Spirit Youth Academy staff with primary focus on technical player development
- At least 6 games per summer
- Super Y day at one Washington Spirit home game
- Free admission to Spirit Kids Club (13 & under (TBA))
- 50% off any Spirit non-Super Y Training Camps
- 1 Washington Spirit General Admission Season Membership (If paid in full by December 31)
- 25% off voucher for 1 additional Assigned Seating Spirit Season Membership (any level, not applicable with any Early or Early Early bird discounts) (If paid in full by December 31)
- If additional Season Ticket purchased is above GA seating level, the player’s Season Ticket will be upgraded for free
- Exclusive Meet and Greet Invitation to private fan event with our professional team (If paid in full by December 31)
Washington Spirit Maryland (Montgomery County)
Washington Spirit Northern Virginia (Fairfax County)