The Washington Spirit are dedicated to supporting programs, charities and non-profit organizations that make a positive impact in our community. The opportunity of giving back through the donation of Washington Spirit memorabilia and merchandise provides the Spirit the ability to contribute and show our support for these organizations who work to help those in need. Our goal is to fulfill as many requests as possible, however, due to the large number of requests we receive, we cannot guarantee that each donation request will be honored and we must allocate our resources responsibly.
The following procedures and guidelines have been created to ensure consistency and fairness to the organization requesting the support of the Spirit:
- Requests must be made at least six (6) weeks prior to the event date.
- All requests must be submitted online through our Donation Request Form. Requests submitted via email, phone, mail, or fax will not be accepted.
- Requests must be submitted with a non-profit Tax ID number.
- Incomplete requests will not be considered.
- Duplicate requests will not be accepted.
- The Washington Spirit does not consider or grant monetary or sponsorship requests.
- In order to accommodate as many organizations as possible, approved organizations may only receive one (1) donation per calendar year.
- The Washington Spirit does not accept requests for personally signed items and cannot be responsible for items sent to the Spirit.
- Requests for specific items can be made but final decisions made for all items donated are at the discretion of the Washington Spirit.
- The Washington Spirit does not donate to organizations seeking requests on behalf of a third party. All requests must be received directly from the charity/organization.
It is recommended that your event should not be dependent on receiving a donation item by the Washington Spirit, as we cannot guarantee a donation will be met. Failure to comply with all procedures and guidelines will result in denial. All correspondence will be made via email; please do not call or email directly regarding status updates. On behalf of the Washington Spirit organization, thank you for your support and continued service to our community.
Due to the number of requests for items, only approved organizations will receive a reply.
Can I receive more than one item for my event?
In order to fulfill as many requests as possible, we are only able to provide one item per organization per calendar year.
Can I receive tickets as a donation?
The Washington Spirit are able to provide tickets as a donation item to a mutually agreed upon match.
Can I request what item I would like to receive for my event?
Yes, requests can be made but are subject to approval by the Washington Spirit Community Relations department.
Can I exchange the item I received for my organization’s event for another item?
No, we are unable to exchange items.