Washington Spirit Academy is every top player’s “path to the pro’s” if they choose to participate. In the summer’s we operate a full suite of USL Super-Y league and Super-20 team coached by some of the best staff available, and all under the direction of first-team head coach Mike Jorden. Players in our academy teams receive year-round training in supplement to their local club teams, where they learn what it takes to become a professional player in pursuit of the dream of doing so.
Washington Spirit Academy 2013 Basics:
- Training will be 2x per week at Maryland SoccerPlex, most likely Tues/Thur
- Training will begin the week after Memorial Day weekend
- Large rosters will be carried to permit players to miss games as needed for club commitments/family vacations
- Games mostly on weekends, ranging from Philadelphia area to southern Virginia
- Many opportunities to interact with and learn from Spirit’s professional players as well as our active collegiate players competing on the W-League team
- Always opportunities to “play up”, including all the way up to the W-League team is performance merits
- Private invitation to end-of-season social event with the Spirit professional team
- Early access to sign up for Spirit camp programs, including a “High School Prep Camp” to be held at the SoccerPlex in early August.
- Season ticket package to Washington Spirit home games included
- Total cost for summer is $800 (includes uniform, all coaching, field costs… Basically everything but away travel)