Evaluations are now closed for 2018 Spirit Super Y teams. If you are interested in joining Spirit Super Y for Summer 2019 please send an email to email@example.com.
Founded in 1999, the Super Y League is the largest summertime coast-to-coast elite travel soccer league operated in the US and ends with large National Championship event in Florida for the top teams (12U and older) each December.
2018 will be the 6th summer of Washington Spirit Super Y programming, which has expanded to cover talented players throughout the Baltimore-Washington DC Metropolitan region with 33 teams overall.
Fresh Environment Without Leaving Your Current Club
Super Y with the Spirit is ideal for players seeking to learn and compete in a professional academy environment for the summer months without any pressure to leave their regular fall and spring club travel teams. Recruiting or up-selling players to other programs or camps is also strictly prohibited, as our goal is to work hand-in-hand with all area clubs to do all we can to help prepare female athletes for whatever future they choose. Our coaching staff and leadership welcomes communication with club coaches about areas they believe certain players need to improve and will provide evaluations and feedback at the end of the season upon request.
Proving Ground For The Next Level
For those players wishing to test their potential to play at the highest levels, the Super Y programs offer a unique “proving ground” over an extended period of time to find out if they’re ready. While upholding our commitment not to recruit players, if players come into the Super Y program for the expressed purpose of “trying out” for our Development Academy, that is their option. And if we see a player who hasn’t asked about the Development Academy, but we believe would thrive, we’ll talk to their club coach directly before ever bringing it up with the player or their family. All players we feel have the potential of playing at the Development Academy level will be invited to two special training sessions during the summer conducted by the Washington Spirit professional coaching staff for the opportunity to really shine, while at least learning a few pointers from the best of the best coaches in the women’s game.
Unequaled Opportunities For Lifetime Lessons and Memories
As the only youth program for hundreds of miles directly operated by an NWSL professional women’s club, the Washington Spirit offers our Super Y players several opportunities to meet and interact with our professional team players each season. From private meet and greets, to players visiting practice, to special access at our games and more; every Super Y player will have a chance to meet and learn from a pro!
2018 Super Y League Features and Benefits
- Train and Compete in a top regional league with the chance to compete for a national championship in Florida in December (for 12U and older)
- Twice-a-week training sessions by Washington Spirit Youth Academy staff with primary focus on technical player development
- At least 6 games per summer
- Washington Spirit game uniform (home jersey, away jersey, shorts, socks)
- Washington Spirit training top
- 1 Washington Spirit General Admission Season Ticket all the full benefits the come with season ticket holder status
- 1 Additional Washington Spirit General Admission Season Ticket at 25% off
- 10% off any additional Washington Spirit professional game ticket needs
- Pre-Season Meet and Greet Invitation to private fan event with our professional team
- In-Season Private Fan Fest Invitation exclusive for our youth academy members to meet and get professional player autographs
- Invitation to Player and 1 Companion to private Season Ticket Holder Meet and Greet near end of professional season
- Two parade opportunities at Washington Spirit home games
- Open invitation to participate in team tunnel at any Washington Spirit home game
Washington Spirit Baltimore Armour (Baltimore Co. Practices / Howard Co. Games)
Washington Spirit Maryland (Montgomery County)
Washington Spirit Northern Virginia (Fairfax County)