Founded in 1999, the Super Y League is the largest summertime coast-to-coast elite travel soccer league operated in the US, and ends with large National Championship even in Florida for the top teams each December.
As a key part of the Washington Spirit’s Player Development Pathway to the Pros, Super Y provides a “proving ground” for players seeking to advance to our U.S. Soccer Development Academy teams in both Maryland and Virginia. The summer program includes competing in games throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, but is more about improving players’ technical skills and decision making than it is about winning games.
Throughout the summer, players will be exposed to a similar training structure and environment to those in our Development Academy. All Super Y coaching staff are under the direction and follow the curriculum established by our professional team head coach, Jim Gabarra.
For 2017, the following players are automatically invited to join this program:
- Any returning player from 2016 program
- Any player currently on an ECNL team
- Any player currently on a CCL I team
- Any player currently on a Division 1 NCSL/WAGS team
Washington Spirit Maryland (Germantown)
Washington Spirit Northern Virginia
Washington Spirit Baltimore
- Affiliation with the only professional women’s soccer team in the DC Metro area, which boasts Olympians from the US and Canada.
- 1 Season Ticket to our professional home games at the Maryland SoccerPlex for each Super Y participant
- Open practice – Come out on dates selected by the Washington Spirit to watch the Spirit professional team train.
- Washington Spirit End of Year Event invite.