This guide should answer questions for Washington Spirit Season Ticket holders and all fans about how we will proceed with sales for our historic game on August 25, 2018. It will be a game of many firsts:
- The first professional women’s soccer game played at Audi Field, the new home of Major League Soccer club D.C. United, the most decorated professional men’s team in U.S. history
- The first professional women’s soccer game held in the District of Columbia since 2010
- The first National Women’s Soccer League game held in the District of Columbia ever
- The first time two former icons of professional women’s soccer in the District of Columbia return – Jim Gabarra (coached the Washington Freedom) and Briana Scurry (played for the U.S. Women’s National Team and Washington Freedom, returning as a coach for the Washington Spirit)
- The first game available for individual ticketing held at Audi Field
Frequently Asked Questions
When Can I Buy Tickets?
Tickets will be made available in 4 phases.
Phase 1: Groups and Washington Spirit and D.C. United Season Ticket Member Presale
- Tuesday, May 1 – Sunday, May 6
- $10 off per ticket during this phase for Season Ticket Members / Groups are $10 off for all phases
Phase 2: Private Presale for Previous Spirit Ticket Buyers and Partners
- Monday, May 7 – Sunday, May 13
Phase 3: Public Sale
- Monday, May 14 until Sold Out
Phase 4: Audi Field Luxury Suites
- Wednesday, May 16 until Sold Out
Is the August 25 game at Audi Field included in my Washington Spirit Season Ticket package?
Yes, all 2018 Washington Spirit Full Season Ticket Packages include our August 25 game at Audi Field. You will have a credit on your D.C. United / Audi Field account to use towards tickets and can add-on as many additional tickets as you like for $10 off planned public sale prices per ticket during the presale.
Is the August 25 game at Audi Field included in D.C. United Season Ticket packages?
No, but D.C. United Season Ticket Members do have access to our Phase 1 Presale and also receive $10 off planned public sale prices per ticket.
How do Season Ticket Holders Order Tickets?
Here is the process for Washington Spirit Season Ticket holders to select seats and order more tickets if desired throughout all phases. If you are BOTH a Washington Spirit and D.C. United Season Ticket holder, you need to follow this process too:
- You should have received an email from D.C. United directly on Tuesday, May 1 around 10 am with a link to the D.C. United Account Manager page at DCUnited.com/accountmanager
- Immediately click the blue “Forgot Password?” and enter the email address used to buy your Washington Spirit tickets (which should also be the same one where you received an email from D.C. United on May 1).
- Check that email address (look in SPAM or JUNK folders if you don’t find it and add DCUCustomerServices@DCUnited.com to your contacts for the future) and click the blue “Reset Your Password” button in the email
- Enter the password you would like to use and submit it.
- When you get the confirmation message to return to the previous browser to sign in, just go to DCUnited.com/accountmanager again.
- Enter your email address and password
- You should see your D.C. United Account Manager home page. Your account balance should read $0, but do not worry, if you’re a Washington Spirit Season Ticket Holder there will be a credit available to apply during the checkout phase.
- Click “Buy Tickets” at the top of the page
- You should see the Washington Spirit vs. Portland Thorns FC game on August 25. Click “Continue” to the right of the game listing
- You should see a seat map of Audi Field (you may need to enable Flash) – or – there is an option to let D.C. United pick the seats for you in a “Best Available” for your price range. All prices you see include the 5.75% tax charged in the District of Columbia.
- As you place tickets in your cart, your Washington Spirit Season Ticket credit amount WILL NOT appear. This will be available for you to apply during the checkout step. You do not have to select seats in the same category as your Washington Spirit Season Tickets. The credit we’ve applied is there for you to use however you like, which can be towards a more expensive seat, or towards multiple lower priced seats.
- Once you’ve selected your seats, click “add to cart”
- Choose your “Select Delivery” method of Mobile. (Note Audi Field is Mobile-Only ticketed venue, there are no printable bar coded tickets like we have for the Spirit. If you do not have a mobile device, you will have to pick up your tickets to enter on game day at the Audi Field Box Office.)
- If you have a credit for Washington Spirit Season Ticket(s), you can select to use that credit towards your checkout, or you can leave it on file for later use.
- Click the black “checkout” button
- If you added tickets that exceed your credit amount, you’ll need to complete the payment process
I already have an account with D.C. United, do I still need to need to follow the steps above?
Yes. In order to keep the Spirit game separate from your D.C. United tickets, we have set up a separate account for you.
How do I place a group order during Phase 1 if I’m not a season ticket holder?
Call the Washington Spirit Ticket Office at 301-591-0927. Groups start at 25 tickets for game attendance only. Youth Teams wishing to participate in a special experience such as player escorts or team tunnel will be placed on a wait list in the order in which they call in, but we do not yet have all details on what will be possible to do at Audi Field, or what the minimum purchases or qualifiers will be.
Can I still buy Season Tickets and then access the Season Ticket Holder Pre-Sale?
“Yes. Fans can purchase all 9 remaining home games for the Washington Spirit, including both the Saturday, May 19 visit to the Maryland SoccerPlex by the same Portland Thorns FC team we’ll face at the August 25 game at Audi Field by purchasing season tickets online at tickets.washingtonspirit.com
If I buy a ticket to any Washington Spirit game at the Maryland SoccerPlex before the end of the 2nd Audi Field Pre-Sale on May 13, will I still get access to Phase 2 Pre-Sale?
Yes. If you buy before May 7, you’ll receive your unique access code via email the morning of May 7. If you buy after May 6, but before the end of the pre-sale on May 13, as soon as you buy a ticket to any Washington Spirit game at the Maryland SoccerPlex, you’ll receive a unique access code to the pre-sale.
If I’m a member of one of the qualifying youth partner clubs, how will I get access to the May 7-13 pre-sale?
Please contact your partner club. They should be sending you an email with the invitation and code, or will have it available in some way for you to access. If you can’t find it, you can always just fill out our short survey and get immediate access here: https://washingtonspirit.wishpond.com/spiritaudifieldsurvey/
I/My Daughter Plays for a Washington Spirit Development Academy or Super Y Team, do we qualify for the Season Ticket Holder Pre-Sale?
Yes. All Washington Spirit U.S. Soccer Development Academy players and members of one of our 2018 Super Y League teams receive a full 2018 Season Ticket as a special benefit, and qualify for as a Season Ticket Member.
Where can I sit if I’m a D.C. United or Washington Spirit Season Holder?
Washington Spirit and D.C. United Season Ticket Holders will have first come first serve seating choices in any available section of Audi Field. Washington Spirit Season Ticket holders will be credited with the amount needed (included taxes) to get your equivalent seat at Audi Field as follows (view sections here: http://audifield.io-media.com/web/index.html)
Spirit Season Ticket Level = Audi Field Sections Credit Amounts Provided (with $10 per ticket discount built in)
Field Side = $148.05 per seat in Field Side sections
VIP = $95.18 per seat in Club Level sections
Premium = $58.17 in rows 4-11 of sections 126, 127, 128
Standard = $52.88 in rows 1-8 of sections 125 and 129 and rows 12 of sections 126, 127, 128
General Admission = $21.15 in sections 137 and 138
What if I am a Spirit Season I don’t want to sit in one of the sections you’ve set aside above?
That is fine, you can sit anywhere and use the credit provided towards the cost of a higher level ticket.
How Much Will Tickets Costs?
There are many more ticket levels at Audi Field than at the Maryland SoccerPlex. During the private sales, tickets will range from $20 for GA up to $140 for Field Side plus tax. During public sale, tickets will range from $30 for GA up to $150 for Field Side. Luxury Suites sales will be available after May 15, and will range in price based on their size and packages. Discounts will also be available for groups of 25 or more during both the pre-sale and public sales periods.
Are there additional fees on top of ticket prices?
Yes. Similar to how we charge a service fee and taxes on top of Washington Spirit tickets at the SoccerPlex, there are also a service fee and taxes on tickets at Audi Field. The service fee will be higher than what we charge at the SoccerPlex because we are required to use D.C. United’s ticketing system – Ticket Master – under their contract terms. An exact fee schedule will be available here before the pre-sale begins.
I’m a D.C. United Season Ticket Member. Will I be able to get the same seat I purchased?
Only if that seat is still on sale, so it is recommended that you log on as soon as possible. For now, sections 101-116 are not on sale to anyone. We may open these sections at a later date, based on overall ticket demand.
I’m a member of a Washington Spirit or D.C. United Supporters Group. How do I access the pre-sale?
All members of a Washington Spirit or D.C. United supporters group with season tickets will have direct access through DCUnited.com/AccountManager. If you are involved with one of these groups and are not a D.C. United or Washington Spirit Season Ticket member, check with your organizational leadership about plans for accessing tickets. You can join the Spirit Squadron or learn more about them here: http://www.spiritsquadron.org/
I’m a D.C. United Season Ticket Member and I really want to sit in my own seat, but it is in one of the sections you have not yet placed on sale yet.
If demand for the game is high enough, we will open more sections in the future. We recommend buying the best seat you are happy with now, but calling us at 301-591-0927 to let us know what seat(s) you want if we open your section. If we do, we’ll hold those seats and call you back to execute an exchange for you, plus any price difference. However, we cannot refund an amount if moving seats represents a down-grade in price.
Can I order tickets or get answers from my D.C. United Ticket Sales Rep?
While D.C. United’s staff is doing a lot to help the Spirit for this game, all actual sales and decisions are be handled by the Washington Spirit. D.C. United ticket reps will not be able to help you with ticket purchases. You can call us during normal business hours at 301-591-0927 with questions, issues, requests, and we’ll do our best. As this is the first single game of any kind available for public sale at Audi Field, there is likely to be a few questions we cannot answer, or issues that come up that are difficult to solve, but we will do our best.
Are the Spirit leaving the SoccerPlex?
Absolutely not. This is a one-off game that was possible thanks to available scheduling. The Spirit do want this to be a successful match, and if it is, we may schedule future games at Audi Field if the right dates are available in 2019. It is not our plan to move to Audi Field permanently at this time.
Will the game be on TV?
Not at this time, but it will be live-streamed on Go90.com
How can I learn more about the Washington Spirit or National Women’s Soccer League?
Washington Spirit Website: http://washingtonspirit.com/
National Women’s Soccer League Website: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/
Washington Spirit Twitter: @WashSpirit
Washington Spirit Instagram: @WashingtonSpirit
Washington Spirit Facebook: FB.com/WashingtonSpirit
Washington Spirit Roster: http://washingtonspirit.com/teams/washington-spirit/
My question isn’t here, what can I do?
Please contact the Washington Spirit via email here http://washingtonspirit.com/contact/ or call 301-591-0927.